Wednesday, August 10, 2005

Please Excuse My Big Red Nose

It always goes red -always- when I cry. And yeah, I've been doing plenty of that these past few days. Yes, Grandma went to see Jesus on Friday, her funeral was Monday, and her burial, yesterday. So yeah, the weekend ended up being one big red nose after another, combined with quite a few headaches. But seriously? I'm kind of relieved now, because she had Alzheimer's for, what, eight years? My family's mostly doing fine, although my grandpa (obviously) is taking it extremely hard. Why not; the two were married 54 years. So do me a favor and pray for him. I'll say no more about it. Just wanted to give you folks an update on what was going on...

But the upside about funerals? Funeral dinners. Especially the ones at Uncle Joe's house. The guy may look surly, but man can he and his wife cook! We're talking about five different types of brownies and fried chicken, here. I'm talking a big freakin' dinner. When you grow up in an Irish clan like mine, you get fed and fed well. Food=love, love=food. You are loved, you are fed. If you're not sure an Irish person hates you or not, just ask yourself whether or not you've had food or drinks offered to you. If yes, then you're pretty well off, at least for now. If not, excuse yourself politely and don't call back.

But yeah. School started last week and I've got four different pages of algebra homework.

Current Mood: Awake

Random Useless Fact of the Day: Taekwando isn't all kicking. For instance, I now know a techique that will have someone unconscious in ten seconds or less. (Go ahead, Tyler. Bring. It. On.)

3 comments:

ahbahsean said...

Didn't you just get out of school? What did you get - a week off? That's crazy talk.

Tyler said...

you learned a technique that will make you fall unconscious after you do it? Amazing! Then, if you were in a rough situation, you could do this technique and make the other person think you died, or fell asleep. Hey, this could help you out with that partial-insomniac thing. :)

Just kidding. I'm glad you are learning new things.

Anonymous said...

I am praying for your family, especially your gpa. Your gma was a wonderful lady. It was very hard on me when my gma died, and I remember how people prayed for me, so that is how I am praying for you!