Monday, June 05, 2006

And Here We Go Again

Well, I promised you people an actual post, didn't I? I suppose I should get to that before I forget (again).

Aside from the events surrounding Memorial Day, like my grandpa getting into a car wreck (he's okay; he's got a new car, it was the other guy's fault), the annual family barbeque at my aunt's house (and her gigantic swimming pool), and getting out of school for the summer (thank you, Jesus!), there's not a whole lot that's been happening. Well, I did get my blue belt in taekwondo, moved up to the intermediates' class, and was invited to join the Black Belt Club (which I will, woot!!).

Not exactly sure why I was invited for the Black Belt Club; I'm just getting the hang of my blue belt. It was really a surprise to see the invitation in the mail. Only a few students get invited, and only the instructor's reccommendation will get you in. Apparently I fulfill all the necessary qualities, so I'll be heading to that particular class. The thing I'm really looking forward to in this class is that I get to start learning stuff with weapons. That's right, they're giving me nunchucks and a pair of escrima sticks! Yay blunt objects! Well, not giving; there's a membership fee, but still. And then there's the little patch you get to stick on your uniform... I'm sure it'll be a blast.

That's pretty much what's been happening around here at Lake Woebegone, where all the women are strong, all the men are good-looking, and all the children are above average. (Now let's see how long it take Garrison Keillor to sue me for using his quote.)

Current Mood: Tired

Random Useless Fact of the Day: The guillotine WAS NOT invented by Dr. Joseph-Ignace Guillotin, a deputy to the French Estates General. The first working model of the guillotine was made by a German engineer, so no one knows how it was named after Dr. Guillotin. The e was added at the end to make the word rhyme in various revolutionary ballads.

No comments: