Thursday, June 15, 2006

*yawn*

So yeah. I just realized that I'm really quite unusual, at least in today's society. How so? Well, aside from my obvious mental quirks, there's quite a lot that would get me some weird looks in certain parts.

I don't have a boyfriend, nor do I really want one at the moment.

I don't think boyfriends are a big necessary for a fifteen-year-old.

My family is stable, my parents have been married to each other for over 30 years, all of my siblings and I share the same parents, and my parents have only been married once.

I think that obeying the parents is a good way to live (and continue to stay alive, at least in my house), and that having good familial relationships is a wonderful thing.

I am Christian, and am not afraid to stand up for that fact that I am religious.

I'm one of the teens who can say they are satisfied with their bodies (or at least mostly satisfied).

I have friends that I can actually talk to, not just call my friends and not actually mean it.

I enjoy reading for hours a day.

I believe that going to college is essential for making a decent living to support onesself and one's family.

I believe that brains and character are more important than beauty.

I think that abstinence is a really good method of birth control/being safe/avoiding a whole lot of trouble.

So did I miss anything?

Current Mood: Thoughtful

Random Useless Fact of the Day: There's a reason that copper rivets are only used on the pockets of blue jeans. Levi Strauss (of denim fame) heard about the little problem of cowboys settling next to a campfire, causing copper metal to do what a metal does best: conduct heat. The rivets would heat up to pretty high temperatures, and, well... You can imagine why cowboys sang mournfully.

No comments: