Thursday, September 13, 2007

I Officially Hate Google.

Why, you ask?

They won't let me keep my password.

This seems to me a bit awkward, seeming as I have had to reset my password to Blogger about 5 times thus far, plus two JUST TODAY. This is simply getting insane. I'm cranky enough without their resetting my password every two seconds-- can't I have Facebook for that???

Anyway.

Otherwise, life here has been all right. I'm still moving along in school (though in some subjects, the moving is slower than I would like it to be; blame Missouri higher math requirements for that). A few of my subjects, though I really enjoy, AP Lit/Comp being one of them. The teacher gives me smiley faces on my work, and I find that highly amusing! I mean, I haven't had smiley faces on ANYTHING since kindergarten. This is a BIG THING. But yeah, I think the school will work out, especially since I received some literature on how to actually use my graphing calculator. (We spent big money on that thing... but have I become technologically literate enough to use it properly? NO! Even with the user's manual!) So now I have TI-89 Graphing Calculator for Dummies. How special!

My social life has increased a lot these past couple of weeks. Extreme (the high school choir) has started up again, which has me all a-flitter. I love Extreme. It's not very large, and we really do need more guys to join (seeing as we only have about two when Nick decides to show up to practice), but the friends I have in there are great. The music is really good this year. We're already working on the stuff we'll be using for our concert in the spring. It'll sound great, I know it. Now if we could magically recruit more guys, life would be amazing there. I've already tried roping in a couple of my guy buds, but one of them has been throwing excuse after excuse (Psssh, who needs his health?), while another's parents are being a tad unreasonable (in my opinion) and are not letting him do anything outside of their church-- even though quite a few of his friends are already attending Extreme. Wacky.

Well, the Tour of Missouri is passing my subdivision any minute now. This is going to foul up traffic bigtime, I'm certain: there are only two ways out of here, and they both lie on the same main road, which the cyclists are supposed to be riding down about this time. Darn you, Team Discovery!! (Though not really. I'm sad you're disbanding after this. Godspeed. Truly.) But hey, I've got to be getting to taekwondo class somehow... Anyone have a helicopter I could rent for a few? Just to get over the nastiness that is sure to be Upper Bottom Road?

Man, I didn't have a Mountain Dew this morning and I'm already twitchy. Though I'm pretty sure it's because of the death-defying stunts I'm sure to be pulling this weekend. How? The Missouri Taekwondo Invitational is Saturday, and I'm competing. My parents weren't thrilled when I announced that I would be sparring in this tournament, as they've seen what happens in the very rare event in which someone catches a hard kick to the head. (Which isn't very pleasant, by the way. The victim of that kick was on some pretty hefty painkillers afterward.) But my division will be made up of the short stocky people that are not yet black belts. This means they won't be attempting a lot of headshots, but since I'm short (only about 5' 2"), it's always a concern for me. My major advantage, though, is that I'm pretty aggressive in the ring. I simply do not want to back down, even after I get knocked pretty hard. (I've taken more than one kick to the face, and last month I was fighting on a foot injured so that I needed crutches immediately afterward. Ouchy.) But I'm still really nervous. This is the first time I've ever competed in a sanctioned tournament, either in sparring or forms (not fighting, but routines of power display). That reminds me, I should make sure I've got all my sparring gear in my bag before I head out...

Yikes! I should get back to my homework-- writing this served as a break enough. I've got another lit essay to draft. (Oh, and hi, Charlie!)

Current Mood: Jittery

Random Useless Fact of the Day: An actual warning label on the hair ointment "Rogaine for Men": "Do not use if you are a woman." (*insert "DUH" here*)

No comments: