Thursday, October 25, 2007

I'm Old

Yes, I celebrated my 17th birthday yesterday. I feel old now. Or somewhat obsolete at the very least. (Hey, if my siblings get to whine about how old they are, it's my turn to get in on the fun.) But I can't exactly say that I'm technologically obsolete, even though the laptop that I'm typing this entry on is old. (Hey... It's a laptop and it works. I'm not going to complain.) I mean, hey, I OWN the laptop and a new Bluetooth headset (which I now am wearing so I don't have to be so productive as to reach over and grab my phone while I am typing...).

But yes. Revel in my ability to check my email in front of the fireplace instead of downstairs, where it's cold. I can also join in the laptop parties that tend to ensue whenever my siblings come to visit (everybody sitting around on whatever they can find, checking email and their respective computers). Yay for wireless internet!

Just got done with a trigonometry assignment. Man, I hate that subject. My book does a pretty crappy job of explaining things, so I have to look in yet another math book to figure out exactly what's going on. Combine that with an inability for actually work very quickly, and it takes three weeks to get anything worthwhile done. Lit is almost the same way, but I'm actually not bad at that. The only thing that takes forever is writing the papers that I have (which alone would take anyone a while), so there's two weeks to get a unit done in there, at least. Blarghag. At least accounting's going ok.

The fireplace is one. That makes me happy. It's warm now. :)

Just thought I'd give a short update. Behave, Kids!

Current Mood: Sleepy

Random Useless Fact of the Day: The average person consumes 8 spiders during sleep in his lifetime. (Can we say... EEEEWEEEWGROSSGROSSGROSS!!!)

1 comment:

Bob P said...

I'm glad you like your headset. Hang in there with the Trig, you can do it!