Thursday, July 10, 2008

*kicking and screaming*

All right, all RIGHT!!! FINALLY.

Geez. People keep buggin' me.

So.

Blogging. This newfangled thing.

First off, an update: I got my black belt back in February (what?), got into my first car wreck in April (what?) --Don't worry, the car is fixed and in perfect working condition-- and I am about two weeks out of entering my senior year of high school (WHAT?!). I've taken up the bass guitar, which is coming along swimmingly-- I love the thing.

Next off, a plug: Doctor Who. One of my friends recently introduced me to this lovely bit of British sci-fi, and I've gone and gotten completely addicted. It's really a very fun TV show. I mean, how many other shows have decent writing (one writer constantly makes me almost pee myself with fright), unusual plotlines (including dropping various people and about a zillion angry nemeses into separate parallel universes), attractive leading men (David Tennant. Scottish. I need not say more.), AND nerdy gadgetry into 40 minutes of... stuff? It's hilarious. If you don't watch the show, then at least watch me and my friends watch the show. Sometimes that can be more entertaining than the show itself. (No, I'm not kidding.) I've gotten myself so incredibly brainwashed that I'm currently teaching myself the bassline to the original 1960's theme music.

On a completely different note: the ACT. I hate that test. I took it a few weeks ago, and am exceedingly glad that I've gotten it done. I managed a 29, with high scores in reading and English. Science was okay, not really so much the math. But since everything I plan to do involves using a calculator and a lot of scratch paper, I think I'll be okay. I don't think I'll be needing to graph matrices and sine curves while closing business accounts, do you?

Yeah. Didn't think so.

Once again, a non sequitur: Video games. My mom managed to buy a Wii off of one of the college students, so when I feel like it I pop in Smash Bro's Brawl and start Beating the Ever Loving Tar out of various Nintendo characters. It's great fun. I plan on acquiring MarioKart eventually, but perhaps with an easier controller than the Wii wheel. (Tried it. Not such great results... I prefer a GameCube controller.) I also went and blew quite a few moneys on a Nintendo DS (Yes, I am a Nintendo fangirl. Shut up.), which has proven to be quite a riot. Lego Indiana Jones is quite the Good Time when I'm bored.

Up, down, looping around to: Roller coasters. My lawd. I almost died when the church youth group went to Six Flags. Seriously, I have a Deathly Fear of roller coasters. I don't even like driving over hills that fast, ok? That's how much I despise the feeling of g-forces on my gut. But of course, a couple of my guy friends decide to put me on the most extreme rides the park has to offer. You should've seen me hyperventilate on the Mr. Freeze. I was shouting obscenities by the time that one was finished.

Guh. The fear is a little less deathly, but I still hate hate hate HAAAAAATE the feeling of g-forces. They are officially Not Cool.

Last one, I promise! It's the most important (aside from events that I'm not allowed to crow about... yet): We gonna have us a weddin'! Yes, my big sister finally found herself a man that can keep up with her biting sarcasm. Well done, B.J., for surviving this long! (Especially the vote.) But at least we know that he can take public humiliation. When Amy told me about the wedding plans, it was a little hard, I admit, to absorb at first. At first, I was simply "buh?" which quickly progressed to "OMGWTF?!" which eventually morphed into "Ok, cool. The Force is back in balance. Carry on." But I'm happy for them. The two tend to be so lovey-dovey it's sickening.

As, perhaps, it should be.

Current Mood: Exhausted

Random Useless Fact of the Day: The original version of "The Sleeping Beauty" was most likely not something that you'd read to your innocent little girl. In Charles Perrault's original version, the sleeping girl wasn't awakened by her handsome prince's kiss, but the nudging of her unborn twins. Yup, that's right, the still-married Casanova violated a comatose chick and THEN took her home, where his first wife tried to have her killed. ...Dang. Disney must've had a field day.

1 comment:

ThatOneRedhead said...

Maybe if I comment you will update this.

Testing. Testing.