Friday, February 04, 2005

'Twas the Day Before Bible Bowl...

And after this post I'm probably going to go study with my friend Luke daGospel. This month it's chapters 13-17, and they're not very long so this might be an interesting competition. Dang. My team always gets stuck in the upper division with the high schoolers so we always get pretty well spanked during the actual rounds. If I had to be there at all (which I do...) then I'd just take the Top Brain Test and leave. I'm good on that test, regardless of the fact that it's 150 questions. Erk. Not that fun. Tomorrow I think my team's going 16 rounds, so we'll be pretty well bushed, drat. Need to remember to pack a few asperin pills... Harvester is stuck with devotions (a five-minute thingy and a prayer) this month, so I think Tyler (you can find his blog at tyhuze.blogspot.com) is going to do that. I wonder if he's sticking around for the games. I'm not sure that he will; Bible Bowl is a great game to play but if you don't know what's going on, then it's the most boring sport in the world to be watching. I'm not sure Tyler's ever even seen a match in his life... Education time, hee hee.

Well, at least my team should be getting Dairy Queen as usual. It's a reward for doing however well we did. DQ is also a tool to salvage our wounded dignity. Need to remind Dad to make coffee in the morning... Chosen starts on Sunday, w00t.

Current Mood: A little stressed

Random Useless Fact of the Day: Steven Curtis Chapman rocks.


2 comments:

Tyler said...

actually Julie, I have witnessed quite a few Bible Bowl matches in my lifetime. Although I have never actually participated in one.

Runtiness said...

Eh... Sorry. I'm an idiot. Let's just leave it at that, shall we?