Friday, May 13, 2005

Summer? Already? NOOO!

That's right folks. Our two seconds of spring as come and gone, and now it's time for the heat, humidity, and outright "Holy crap, it's freakin' hot out here!" to start. For some reason, spring never lasts too long around here. That kinda sucks, because once spring actually comes it's some really nice weather. But now the weather's continuing to spawn thunderstorms (none of which I actually get to see, which sucks). Lovely Gulf air hovering over our heads.

Got my grandma moved into her new apartment. I can only be glad, for various reasons I won't mention. But hey, it'll be a lot easier on us since now my family doesn't have to drive two and a half hours to go and visit, since the apartment's five minutes away.

The last kickboxing class was last night. So now that's over, and I'm pretty much begging my mom to let me take up karate. I may not be an athlete worth a durn, but I really liked kickboxing, and since there aren't any classes I can take without violating any gym policy or whatever, karate's probably my best bet. So yeah. We'll see.

I finished A Tree Grows in Brooklyn a few days back. Methinks that that'll be one of the books I come armed with on any long car trips (like, say, to Bible Bowl Nationals in Chicago. Teens plus bus equals headache, even if you're wearing headphones). But my info supply has been in no way affected, since a trip to the library has brought some some pretty interesting reads. Armageddon Summer was the one I finished at, like, midnight last night. I couldn't get to sleep without figuring out what was going to happen. (Plus I'd had a double shot caramel macchiatto, so I was on a caffeine buzz.) It was that good. Forgot the author's name, but ah, well. If I ever find it in a bookstore I'm buying it.

Current Mood: Brainy

Random Useless Fact of the Day: If my family ever does adopt a big dog, then we can't get something from Doberman Rescue because they all require fences, which are frowned upon in my subdivision...

No comments: