Friday, October 07, 2005

Ninja Brat

Yup, got myself a brand-new nickname, courtesy of my brother Phil. Amy had called last night, and I was wanting to talk to her, and Phil was just getting off the phone with one last "Yeah, I gotta go. The ninja brat wants to talk to you."

Me: "Wha?"

Phil: "Ninja brat."

Me: "But it's taekwando! Big difference!"

Oh, well.

In other news, got the reccommendation to test for yellow first in a couple of weeks, yay! I also got all of my sparring gear, so now can I fight in class, within reason (and when we actually spar in class) without getting completely beat up. That's not to say a nose won't get broken; that's entirely possible. In one tournament, a guy in my class was actually knocked unconscious and given a broken nose and a black eye because apparently the guy he was sparring with got a little overzealous. But yeah, I'm already getting injured: we were practicing a self-defense technique in which the elbow gets pretty well wrenched or broken (and it can be done from a handshake, so don't try to make up with me while really wanting to continually fight). My partner? Gets a little jumpy and moves my arm in a such a way that I hear something crack. So I was nicely wrenched up. Not cool.

School is going very well at the moment. I aced pretty much all of my midterms (lowest score: 93 in health), so that should count when I'm applying for scholarships... Haven't taken the Spanish one yet, seeing as I started that a week after everything else. But still, good grades rock.

My choir, Extreme, has ventured into a sort of new area lately: precussion/drumline type stuff. Really pretty cool-sounding (and looking) once it's done right, but still not exactly what I would envision the average choir doing. Huh. Voice lessons are still fine; my teacher is now allowing me to sing in other languages (not that I actually know Italian, but I do my best on "Caro Mio Ben"). They're very pretty songs, but the demos suck. (Why do they always get the "American Idol" rejects to do the CD demos? Is it just because it's cost-effective?)

Tonight? It's off to my cousin's bridal shower. Girls' night out, w00t!

Current Mood: Passive

Random Useless fact of the Day: Buckminsterfullerine- a highly complex molecule comprised of 60 carbon atoms arranged in a spherical shape. Also known as buckyballs.

2 comments:

Tyler said...

so...if i try to give you a friendly handshake you'll break my arm? sheesh. I'll take a high-five. :P

ahbahsean said...

buckyballs are cool.