Monday, October 31, 2005

Chick Shoes and Hoop Skirts

Well, the clock is ticking, and the light at the end of a very, very long tunnel is drawing closer: The opening night of "Dorothy." It'll be this Friday, and boy am I ready for it to be over with! Yeah, I know, it's been fun, but I haven't been to a taekwondo class for a couple of weeks... I'm getting antsy. On the upside, the troupe's going to be on TV! I won't say what show; it's one of those local things and we'll be in the window, waving and hollering (or not) and advertising shamelessly.

And about the chick shoes and hoop skirts... There's been a lot of hoopla (*snort*) about the hoop skirts. Every female in the play over five feet tall has to wear a hoop skirt (and I'm five foot two). You know what? Those things are annoying as sin and whoever invented them deserves to be shot in front of their family. You have to be really careful about how you sit down in those because if you're not, it'll flip up, slap you in the face, and make everyone else in the room die of laughter. The shoes are a big advantage, though: they're gold strappy dealies and they are just generally great shoes. I mean, seriously. Awesome shoes here. I call them my "chick shoes." I don't know why, but the term just seems appropriate. So there. But anyway, the makeup for the entire thing is really cool, particularly the stuff for Beelzebub and his minions. It's pretty much a mix of Darth Maul, camouflage, and African war paint, highly interesting.

School's going fine. Mom's only letting me do half-days this week, since she thinks I'm overextending myself or something like that (and I tend to agree), so I'm getting short days until "Dorothy" is done and over with.

Humane society was interesting today. I know it can be a pain to walk one dog when it's pouring rain, but how about multiple dogs in pouring rain? That's how it was this afternoon, I tell you! It was pretty much a dog-walking army, trying to get everyone exercised since it was too wet for them to be outside in the runs. I decided I look pretty good in the "drowned rat" look.

Anyways, I gotta get going. I think my parents need the computer, and I have to go get my contacts in.

Current Mood: Tired/hungry/content

Random Useless Fact of the Day: My cousin still hasn't given my book back. Remind me to fiddle with her hair until she gives the thing back, seeing as I've only read it once.

Oh yeah, and before I forget... Happy Halloween!

1 comment:

ahbahsean said...

Runt, my busy schedule makes it impossible to make this a promise, but I will do my best to see you in the play this weekend. :) No matter what, have fun and post the fun stories.