Saturday, December 24, 2005

Yeah, Yeah, Still Alive...

There was one particular thought that struck me a couple of minutes ago: I have now had this blog for over a year. How 'bout that, eh?

Well, Christmas Eve is once again here... I've just gotten done with the first three of four Christmas Eve services; I was singing with the choir and Mom was playing the piano/keyboard. So yeah, now my feet are toast, seeing as the shoes I was wearing were comfortable but not supportive. Not great when standing on risers for long periods of time. But at the moment, my family is waiting to go to the late night service at church (starting at 11 o' clock... great). The late-nighter last year was really very pretty, and very quiet. That I can deal with. Tomorrow? We have church, then the extended family Christmas at my aunt's house, and after that is the only time we have been able to get at least most of my immediate family in the house for our own Christmas thingy. So by Monday we're all going to be completely bushed.

But Monday doesn't end it, no sir! Next week will be spent preparing franitcally for my brother's wedding on Friday. Let's just hope that my voice holds out enough to sing well- Phil says if Joel (the duet partner) and I don't do a good job then we get no toasted ravioli at the reception. This? Can cause panic. I want that darn ravioli!!

So yeah. That's pretty much all that's been happening around my house. I hope you guys all have a merry Christmas or Hannukah or Kwanzaa or whatever it is you tend to celebrate. (I refuse to say "Happy Holidays.")

Current Mood: Really Tired

Random Useless Fact of the Day: Jesus probably wasn't born in winter. Since there were shepherds watching over flocks, then it was probably the time of year when lambs were born- in the spring.

No comments: