Tuesday, December 27, 2005

Be Afraid. Be Very Afraid.

Why? Guess. Go on, guess!

...

I got my learner's permit!!! :D

So yeah. Clear the roads, or at least the church parking lot. Just thought y'all ought to know.

So, yeah, Christmas? Was awesome. The servies at church were relatively uneventful, except for the worship leader forgetting the words to "O Come, O Come Immanuel." This caused quite a bit of laughter among my siblings and I. After church was the extended family Christmas/lunch over at the aunt's house. That went well; we all got filled up on sandwiches and soup, then opened presents. (I also had to open one from my birthday; my cousin had repeatedly forgotten to give it to me back in October.) A few hours there, and then it was tromping off back home to have the immediate family Christmas. This was very relaxing, very nice, and, of course, filled with the captioning from my siblings. (You really can't avoid some sort of sarcastic joke being cracked at some time during any and all gatherings.)

Last year, the big surprise was the iPod. This year? I got a TV. Yeah, you read that right... A TV. A 20", flat-screen Sanyo, to be precise. The ploy used to deliver it was great: A large box down in my dad's workshop. See, we have exactly the same model of TV in front of the treadmill, so I thought it was something else entirely in that box. Dad had told me it was presents for my brother, and to not mess around with it. (I couldn't anyway; it was sealed.) So I unwrapped the VCR/DVD player with a large "HOLY CRAP!", and then came the question of what I was to play it on. So then I'm all, "So THAT'S what the stupid Sanyo box was for?!" Yup. As Phil said: "Hook, line, and sinker." (Even though, in my defense, I had wondered if Dad wasn't using reverse psychology on me.)

Current Mood: Elated

Random Useless Fact of the Day: Two of the original "Dogs Playing Poker" paintings were estimated to bring in only $50,000 at an auction. Instead, they sold for over $600,000 and are now emblazoned on many novelty t-shirts.

No comments: