Tuesday, December 06, 2005

Ah, Great, Here We Go Again...

Yup. For those of you that don't know it already, Journey to Bethlehem season is once again upon us. Great. That means cookies being baked until the house smells like butter (nauseating), practices (mostly done), days off of school (w00t!), and being Bible-fied until 11 at night with no coffee (argh...). I'm not even allowed coffee. Why? For one thing, I got a solo to sing, and I have to do well, and do it repeatedly. Meaning my voice has to actually live through the weekend. (Plus, my brother's wedding is at the end of the month, and I'm singing for that, too, so that tosses my precious caffeine supply out of the window.)

So yeah. Great times. Not that I'm really complaining a whole lot, it just gets really crazy around here. Makes me yearn for things like the day after Thanksgiving, where everyone just lays around and talks (or, in my siblings' case, watch "Star Wars"). Some of the backstage stuff (when you get a few minutes) is really fun, especially if someone brought cards or board games or some of those chips that taste like onion rings. The friendships you make back there are awesome.

Those Lab pups that I mentioned in a previous entry are sick. Now they've got a bunch of upper respiratory stuff, which is really nasty. Most of 'em are getting better, but one particular puppy is still coughing up junk. Poor girl. :( The really ironic thing is, they can't leave the shelter until they're better and they're spayed/neutered, but they won't get better unless they leave the shelter. I'm not saying we have nasty facilities or anything, but coming back to the same room might start to infect other animals (particularly other puppies that already have been through a lot), plus they keep picking up previously left germs. Sort of a catch-22 situation, I guess.

Extreme, my high school choir, is done for the year. There's going to be some great stuff happening next year. We sort of expirimented with drumming around on PVC pipe, sort of like the Blue Man Group. People loved what we did with them, so next year, according to Captain Kirk (no, I'm really not a Trekkie, the nickname just fits him), we will be building more complex PVC instruments and fiddling around with them. It's going to be great, I can tell. I'm kind of excited about that.

Well, I'm going to go check on another batch of cookies, and/or wash some dishes.

Current Mood: Impatient

Random Useless Fact of the Day: In Singapore, one movie ("Talking Cock: The Movie") was the only film to have ever received an NC-16 rating for bad grammar. Talk about the war against Singlish.

Oh, by the way, Nish: Mental_floss is therefore your ideal magazine. It's the one that I get a lot of my useless facts from. The link to their site is right here.

3 comments:

Tyler said...

i hearby ban you from using the word "woot" ever again!

Runtiness said...

I hereby ban you from not capitalizing the pronoun "I" ever again!

ahbahsean said...

You'll do great Runt and I second that subscription to M.Floss... I got it for 2 years and sobbed when my subscription ran out...