Friday, May 19, 2006

The Internets Ate My Baby

This blog entry is brought to you by Internet Explorer and Charter Cable, both of which have been farting so much lately it's hard to check one's email without that internet going down. Much frustration has been spent on this.

On the upside, there has been quite a bit going on here on my end. Take last night, for example: I tested for my blue belt. (It was a make-up test since I wasn't there on Saturday.) Results? Passed! The board-breaking went pretty smoothly; the jump spin side kick went a lot easier than I expected it to. (Snapped on the first try.) So yes, now I have to transfer up to the intermediates' class on Mondays and Wednesdays, instead of going Tuesday/Thursday. Should be a nice change of pace; now I can watch "House" in peace.

Next up on my to-do list is fill out an application for employment (yes, EMPLOYMENT) at the animal shelter. Since a couple of people quite, they're needing people to do pretty much the same thing I do for free. So now I'm going to try to get paid for it; let's see if they'll hire a fifteen-year-old who hasn't quite finished her first year of high school.

Speaking of school, I took three of my finals thus far. I got a 97% on my science one, but the English and geography ones haven't been graded. Algebra will be done on Tuesday, and Spanish would be done in less than two weeks at the rate I'm currently going. So yes, good stuff all around.

Tomorrow will be mostly filled, since Lindsey is graduating from pharmacy school. Should be interesting, and the last of the graduations for a while. So now we'll have our very own drug pusher!!! (Just kidding. Maybe.)

Current Mood: Satisfied

Random Useless Fact of the Day: Wener Heisenburg (yeah, you know, the nuclear physics guy) is either a hero or not as smart as is desirable. He told the Nazis that they didn't have enough uranium for an atomic bomb, overestimating how much they would need by a pretty substantial margin.

No comments: