Monday, May 15, 2006

Tired

Stupid finals week. Too much homework, especially when doing 2-3 lessons of Spanish in order to catch up... On the upside, I should be done with most of my subjects by the end of Friday. Who knows how long Spanish is going to last; the doubling up is helping me out somewhat, but it still seems like I'll be in school forever.

Nervous about testing tomorrow/Thursday... I actually don't know if I'm testing for blue belt tomorrow or Thursday, but I'm ready either way. Can't wait.

The shelter's been really hectic for a few weeks. There's been a massive outbreak of parvovirus, and another of pneumonia. Both of our back rooms are filled with sick puppies, and it's possible we'll have some more dying from one thing or the other. Some are doing okay, but others... I stopped into the parvo room, and a bunch of them look like they're just waiting for the end. It's so, so sad. It'd make the nastiest old Scrooge's heart break...

On a better note, one of our dogs had a leg amputated and she's doing really well. Dixie's at a fostor home, and she's wearing a little white t-shirt to hide her stitches. She's got to be feeling so much better, now that she doesn't have to drag around a useless foreleg. I'm not sure what caused it to swell up and be generally nasty, but it'd something she had since before hurricane Katrina back in New Orleans. (Yes, she's one of our Katrina dogs.) She's such a sweetie; I hope she gets adopted soon.

Got done watching the "Grey's Anatomy" season finale while doing me homework. All I have to say is, WHY DID DENNY HAVE TO GO AND FREAKIN' DIE?!?! HE WAS MY FAVORITE!!!! (You can tell I'm mad because I'm abusing the exclamation points!) Pfft, the guy had another series to do. I guess he had to get bumped off of one of them in order to retain his sanity. (Sanity? Who needs it? I've never had it and I function fine! */retard*)

Right. I'm dead. The tanning lotion's dry so I can go to bed. Enjoy, y'all!

Current Mood: Brain Fried

Random Useless Fact of the Day: The 1981 wedding of the Crown Prince of Dubai cost $44 million dollars (and you think yours was expensive), had 20,000 guests, and was held in a stadium built just for the occasion.

No comments: