Wednesday, March 23, 2005

Funny/Weird/Scary Dreams

Having yet another head cold, I have to get reacquainted with generic cough supressants. This particular one (cheap equivalent of NyQuil) I had to take in order to get more than two hours of sleep. I took the regular dose and flopped down in bed, waiting for a while until this drug came into effect. When it did, I was out like a lamp that had been tossed out of the back of a pickup truck going full speed down the interstate... Well, you get my point.

I discovered that this medicine, though effective in keeping away my cough during the night, gave me weird dreams. Not just stuff that makes you think, "Now what the heck is this?" but the kind that scars you for life.

First off, I was just standing in the parking lot in front of the youth building at church, seeing my buddy John getting falsely arrested for some reason. He comes over to me and he's like, "But I didn't do it... You know I didn't..." while all the time giving me this pleading look and I'm like, "What?" while standing there like a moron.

So I look around and he's suddenly gone, but then I realize that I'm late for some play and Count Olaf (from the book series "A Series of Unfortunate Events") was chasing me and my cousin around for some reason or another. So I yelled at my cousin to run, and we did. We dove behind this hill thingy, thinking that we'd be safe, but had to run again two seconds later. So we make it into the middle school, run from Olaf there, and bolt back across the road for this play thingy.

We burst into the chapel and take our place in the choir (why there was a choir there, I have no idea). It turned out that we were doing a play about the kids in the "Series of Unfortunate Events" books, so my cousin and I go along with that, thinking that this would be interesting.

Then came the part where something had to burn down. (You can see where this is going.) So in comes Olaf as himself, and he lights a match and tosses it right onto the rather flammable stage. Everyone's running around screaming, but the crowd manages to escape the burning building without getting seriously hurt. I turn to my cousin and say, "I guess we should've rehearsed that part, huh?"

Current Mood: Congested

Random Useless Fact of the Day: Generic NyQuil goes along with chocolate pudding on the "List of Things That Give Me Weird/Strange/Scary/All of the Above Dreams." Let's see what I'm up to tonight.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey,
I noticed that you never get any comments, so I decided to give you one. Just remeber, it is the thought that counts.

I really like all of your entries. They are very interesting and enlighting. Many people relate to your everyday problems, I'm sure. Thanks for the side comment about me. You would be a very good book writer. You might want to consider that when you are looking for a job. The entries are very discriptive (trait of a writer). Well, I need to go. (Time to eat.)

Cuzz