Thursday, March 03, 2005

Let it Shine, Mah Brother!

This morning was a rather interesting one. My cousin and I went to the community college to see a play called "Inherit the Wind." It was about the Scopes trial, in which a schoolteacher taught evolution, which was against the laws of the town in that time. Various people were fighting for the Scriptures continuing to be taught, while a man of renown was defending this teacher.

I'm not sure exactly how evolutionists believe what they do. It's nonsensical to me. I would rather believe I came from intelligent design and not from a little blob of jelly. All the time I was watching this play, I was saying to myself, "Now that's just strange." Apparently even evolutionists can't defend evolution in their own; the defense lawyer kept trying to admit zoologists and that sort of thing into the courtroom. Apparently they need backup in order to explain what they believe, whereas this one guy named Brady stood up for the Bible with almost no trouble, until the defense lawyer just pounded him down to a pulp, using tired arguements like "Well, who says a day is 24 hours? Huh?!"

Man, that ticked me off. I know where I stand, thanks, and that's on the Bible.

Because if we're all wrong, then nothing's lost. If Christians are right and I don't believe it, then it's all lost.

Current Mood: A bit confused

Random Useless Fact of the Day: I'm not sure why the title of the book I'm reading in English is called "The Lord of the Flies." Is it because some boys are like annoying insects? Or is it just because they had no oppertunity to take a bath on that island and so attracted flies? Ah well. I'll figure it out.

No comments: