Tuesday, June 14, 2005

VBS

Well, it's that time of year again. Yes, that's right, vacation Bible school has begun at church. And what did I go and do? I signed up to do one of those story room thingies. So I'm stuck preaching about Jesus being born in a barn. Not too bad, since I got the same room as one of my friends and an intern that is as crazy as the rest of us. Plus our room looks awesome. I worked the staple gun, which is was pretty much the highlight of the decorating process. I've also been learning about the kids in various grade levels:

3-4 Years Old: We only had one kid cry, and that was because he wanted his mother. Poor guy. But they behaved pretty well, albeit with a couple of interruptions.

First Graders: They know too much for their own good. For example: "Is this a play?" "This used to be a classroom!" "Why did the shepherds knock on that door?!" They have two volume settings: Loud and louder.

Third Graders: Pretty well behaved, pretty quiet when asked to be.

Fifth and Sixth Grade Girls: Fun. They kept the rest of us entertained, listened pretty well, asked just enough questions, responded when asked stuff.

So yeah. It's shaping up to be a pretty interesting week, and it's only Tuesday.

The Humane Society was crazy yesterday. It was Critter Camp, meaning that there were small children running around and making the place even busier than normal. Hilton the lab/chow was very happy to see me. He showed this by offering his butt for me to scratch, and by sitting in his little wading pool, then trotting over to me, shaking himself off, and then sitting in my lap. I love that dog. Marigold the Jack Russel was also jumping for joy when I visited her, although she jumps most of the time. She also leaped in and out of the pool and my lap, licking me in the face with her stinky dog breath. This job rocks.

Had to do a political analysis for history today. I had to find the staces of both political parties on various topics, and then decide if they were corectly labeled as "liberal" and "conservative". My brain is now liquefied.

Current Mood: Mah brain iz teh liquefied.

Random Useless Fact of the Day: Remind me not to sleep with my arms all sprawled out under my pillow. That will jsut result in severe acheage.

1 comment:

Brad and Lindy said...

I was the activities coordinator for VBS in Hannibal last summer. My favorite game was when I filled a baby pool with mud and cherry tomatos. The kids had to run down to the pool, stand in the mud, and find the hidden fruit. It was hilarious, disgusting, and perfect for a balmy day.