Wednesday, December 22, 2004

Christmas tree

My family (or, at least, two of my siblings and I) have just gotten done decorating what we now call "Said Christmas tree". It's a rather eclectic thing, definitely not one of those 'theme trees' that are seen so often. The only them we have on our tree is chaos, along with the little section in the front center, christened "Star Wars Land" for our fleet of Star Wars ornaments. This year's aquisition is the Star Destroyer and Blockade Runner ornament. MY brother is still searching for a Death Star tree topper.

You may be wondering why my family has only just now begun to put our tree up and wrap presents. The answer is simple: There are only 24 hours in a day, and the people at the Physics Committee refuse to make more. (Lazy little buttheads...)

Went to the dentist today, and am convinced that genetics have completely cheated me. I have pits in at least two back molars, and not because of poor or negligent oral hygene. I'm going to have to have them sealed again, which really annoys me, because I also don't like dentists. (This can be said, I'm sure, of much of the population.)

Saw "Series of Unfortunate Events" yesterday, and am really happy that I did. The movie itself was a bit rushed, but very enjoyable. I found it quite funny that Klaus always looked angsty or sad or confused, while Violet showed almost no emotion except quit determination. Even for a person that stands up for accuracy when it comes to book-born movies, I think that the spirit of the books was captured.

I'm also very excited and am waiting for July 16 of next year. Why? Because that's when "Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince" is finally published. I bet you I'm going to be reduced to tears when I finally have that book in my hands.

Current Mood: Satisfied

Random Useless Fact of the Day: Dentists must be nature's worst species of doctor, short of one that's a quack.

No comments: