Monday, December 20, 2004

Monday

First off on the list, I am happy and the adrenaline is running quite nicely. This is for two main reasons: J.K. Rowling has announced that BOOK 6 IS COMPLETED and that the PUBLICATION DATE SHOULD BE SAID WITHIN THE NEXT DAY or so. I can't wait to get my paws on that book... I should have it read in a couple of days, maybe less. The second reason for my happiness is that I'm going to see "Series of Unfortunate Events" tomorrow afternoon, along with the Rockettes in the morning. So my day will be filled with productions...

Humane society was fine today. Got in this big white dog (breed: unknown!) named Zane. Poor thing is literally addicted to his seizure meds. He staggers around like his brain isn't telling his legs what to do, like he's drunk. We're trying to get him off this huge dose so that his mineral levels can get back from Off-the-Charts-Land and so we can make sure that he's clean. Of course, we can't make him go cold turkey; that could be fatal. Also got in a littler of 6-7 pointer mix puppies. Fortunately, they were already spayed/nuetered/vetted/microchipped, so they were immediately up for adoption. These two ladies from Kansas were going to adopt one as a gift for the nieces/nephews, but we don't do gift adoptions, sorry. My Staffie/boxer puppies (the ones I got to see being born, so I'm attatched to the little guys) all went home, so I'm really glad about that. Still have momma Daisy, though. She's really very sweet once she gets to know you... Anyone want a Staffordshire bull terrier? Who's housebroken?

Current Mood: Pretty darn satisfied

Random Useless Fact of the Day: My mother hates white-corded tree lights on a green Christmas tree. (But who cares if the thing's going to have garland and junk on it anyways?)

1 comment:

Runtiness said...

Yipe, someone actually found this? Hi, John. ^^