Sunday, December 19, 2004

Sunday, cruddy Sunday

Ah, the bane of one who just can't sleep! Well, it was better than usual last night because I had taken Nyquil for my cough... But anyways, on Sundays I am always waken up at around 6-6:30 in the morning in order to get ready for church. My parents (and therefore I as well) have to be there by 7, which kinda sucks, but hey. It's not like I have a whole lot to do anyways, just water the piano if it needs it, dust the piano off (you can tell I like to take care of the darn thing, can't you?), and help Mom with the earplugs to her monitor. (For those unfamiliar with tech-speak, the monitor is what the musicians use to hear themselves, highly useful when you're in a band like this one.) Afterwards I'm pretty much free to do what I want, as long as I'm back in time for the service (the first of three) to start. I usually spend the first few minutes waiting for my friend Syd, who, when she shows up, discusses the latest issues in her life. Then we go off in search of breakfast, since we don't get a chance to eat before we leave the house. Which sucks.

This particular Sunday, I continued work in the sound booth (trust me, it's a lot harder than it looks). After getting out at 12:30, lunch at Chevy's, yay tasty. Then it's back home for a couple of hours, mostly spent studying Bible Bowl. Then at 3:45 it's off to Bible Bowl practice, where today it was only a written test and a trip to DQ. (My team did well at the last competition, so that's why we got DQ.) Then it's back at home and here I am typing this. So now... I'm tired.

Current Mood: Bushed

Random Useless Fact of the Day: 'Placenta' means 'cake' in Latin. Pretty funny... At least to me.

No comments: