Friday, December 31, 2004

Bored Two Minutes Later

I don't really like days off school.

But then I don't like days in school, either.

Because either way I'm bored.

So here I sit, listening to Michelle Branch on my iPod (really need to put more songs on this thing, maybe when Phil leaves so I can steal his computer), waiting for something to happen.

Not that a whole lot happens in a minor suburb, especially a quiet one like this particular subdivision. The major thing this week is the repairing of a broken water main (um, whee). There's just not much to report from a small town outside a major/minor city.

Okay, tired of Michelle Branch, bring on Mannheim Steamroller. I like this band. They do mostly jazz-sounding intrumental stuff, and they have got to be one of the greatest Christmas bands ever. They don't just remix Christmas music (but it's spectacular); they pretty much come up with a bunch of songs that no one's ever thought of before and stick it onto an album and say (I'm not sure about this so don't quote me) "Here you go, what do you think?"

I love Mannheim Steamroller.

Well, on Sunday morning, a friend and I are going to sing a special for church. I think it'll turn out pretty well, as long as we can keep a straight face during the whole thing. We've done stuff like this before, so it should go nicely. And besides, it's orchestra week, so we won't be alone in the green room (where all the musicians and singers hang out when they don't have anywhere else to go).

Maybe I should try to build those Lego robots...

Or I should study my Bible Bowl. That'd make Mom happier, and it would give my team a bit of a boost, since there's no chance in heck of us getting stuck in the lower bracket, dang.

I hate playing in the upper bracket. It's all high schoolers, and aside from a few teams, we keep getting creamed, like, 400-10. Not very nice, especially when you go 6 or 7 rounds before lunch. The worst is that Top Brain, this big 150-question test on what you (supposedly) studied. Everyone hates it but most do better than they think. Sometimes.

Okay, that's it. Everyone, why don't you just click on the 'next blog' button on the top of the screen there a few times? You might come across Tyler's or Kirk's or even John's blog. Go on, I dare you.

No comments: