Wednesday, December 29, 2004

Just Some Stuff

This is just something I came up with late last night. Not sure why, but I tend to do that... It's not that great but I figured I'd post it anyway. Before anyone asks, no, it doesn't have a tune. I suck at writing actual music...

Lookin' forward to my future
When the days of sins are done
When no pain or cryin' reign
When every turn's a new day begun.

Lookin' to new ways of life
When Jesus comes to rule the world
When angels sing and life reigns supreme
When happiness fills our every word.

How glorious it all shall be
When Jesus comes to earth, and we
Will all give God melodious praise
Give glory to the King of Days,
Give glory to the King of Days.

Waitin' for that day to come
When Satan's finally given up
When all the creatures cry "Amen!"
When all the church-bells have been rung.

How glorious it all shall be
When Jesus comes to earth, and we
Will all give God melodious praise
And give glory to our King of Days,
Give glory to our King of Days!

See, not that great. Not really sure why I'm posting it. Maybe this will make me a little less skittish when it comes to showing what I do, I don't know.

I'm not really sure why I get so clammy when it comes to showing whatever it is I've just drawn or written. Maybe it's because I'm afraid people won't like it, and that'll affect my relationship with them. Maybe it's because I don't want them to laugh. Maybe I'm afraid of no reaction at all. Maybe I'm afraid of being pointed out to the public (which is kind of stupid because I sing onstage more often than not, but I'm also left pretty well alone afterwards). I don't like being singled out when there are others that do more noteworthy stuff. Who knows why I'm an introvert?

Heck, sometimes I'm not an introvert. Sometimes I get, in the words of my mother, "inappropriately social", which sort of isn't my fault. I get that way because I feel that I'm supposed to be doing something other than what I'm already doing. Oftentimes I end up feeling like some sort of complete idiot, because I get all twitchy and shaky, and sometimes can't find the words I'm trying to say to someone.

But most of the time I really am a quiet person. I don't 'shmooze' like most people at parties or social ordeals, and won't talk to someone else unless they're my age and I know them or if someone talks to me first. I don't like people all that much. I'm not sure why I'm like that, either, so don't try asking. Who knows, maybe it's because I actually have a mild form of autism, and that makes me somewhat peculiar.

All I know is that it sucks and I hate myself for it.

No comments: