Saturday, January 15, 2005

Saturdays

Boy, do I love 'em. One can sleep in, and pretty much make up the day as one goes. Today was pretty boring. I just surfed the internet and played a little piano and listened to my new song obsession from U2. (That would be "Electric Storm", by the way. Love the way this one is mixed, just really cool...)

Mostly hung out at the Apple web site, looking at the various iPods and accessories for iPods and a little bit at the iMac Mini. (How the heck do you make a computer that small??? That's almost obscene!) They've come up with a new kind of iPod called the iPod Shuffle. I have to admit, its mere size (smaller than a five-pack of gum) and price (starting at$99) make it worth looking into. Thing is, I think that it's a tad pointless. It only holds 270 songs, whilst mine can hold from 2,000-5,000. I can just hit the 'shuffle songs' option and it's the same thing, only with 290 (in my library currently, heh heh) songs. But yeah, the iPod shuffle is pretty darn nifty. Within reason, of course. For someone that's not willing to cough up $250-$400 dollars for a mini or full-size iPod, or perhaps someone that has a pretty active lifestyle (jogging, that sort of thing) the Shuffle would be a blessing. Hm... Whatever. I'm quite content with my little 'music shop in my pocket.' ^.^

Went to the Saturday night service at church. Mom doesn't play the piano for tomorrow's services, so I think that we're pretty much going to be playing it heathen in the morning. I think that Saturday service is pretty enjoyable, if a lot more loose than the Sunday ones. For one thing, this is the only occasion on which I am allowed to wear blue jeans and a hoodie to an actual service (and boy does it feel good!).

But you know what? For some reason, I don't feel as welcome at the Saturday service as I do on Sunday mornings. Maybe it's because I'm a lot more used to the Sunday schedule and to the people that I encounter on Sundays. But the Saturday service makes me feel a bit like an outsider, like I'm not really supposed to be there. I'm sure I'm just being 'teenage melodramitic.' That's kind of my personality, to feel like I'm not supposed to be somewhere when really I'm quite fine where I am.

But anyways... Enjoy whatever is left of your weekened, folks.

Current Mood: Jammin'

Random Useless Fact of the Day: That little iMAc mini is only 2 inches tall. For Pete's sake.


No comments: